Hello Everyone... i would like to know what good hosting etiquette in **American culture **is. Say for age 20-30 yo guys, if someone is inviting **guy **friends to his home to watch a game or just kick back... is it good etiquette for the host to (please rate the following for best etiquette on a scale of 1-10):
1. greet each guest at the door when they arrive
2. serve guest a drink or a snack of their choosing from what is available
3. expect guest to walk freely around the house to fetch food or drink if they felt like it
4. leave the door unlocked for guest to freely walk in when they arrive
5. thank guest for coming to visit when they're ready to leave
6. expect guest to thank host for inviting them
7. walk guest out to house door when they're ready to leave
8. walk guest out to their car when they're ready to leave
9. expect guest to find their way out on their own when they're ready to leave
10. offer guest nothing to eat or drink while at your home and figure if they needed anything they'd ask
For the following, Yes or No.... comment ? :-)
Is it good American etiquette for guest to walk freely into all rooms in the house to check them out on their own?
Is it good American etiquette for guest to ask permission to say use the bathroom?
Any more comments or thoughts?