The stinging which I first got almost 2 weeks ago was an urethritis. I went to the doc, he took a swab and found some colon bacteria which should not be in there. No idea how I got this stuff. I didn't have sex.
And now I have to take antibiotics but tomorrow is the last day and I think they are not working! The stinging is still there. I am so pissed and frustrated because of this. The antibiotics which the doc prescribed me have an awful lot of really dangerous possible side effects. Taking them was totally scary and now this crap doesn't even seem to work. What do I do now?
I am so tired of it.
How did I get these damn bacteria in my urethra? I have no clue.
Usually I'm a clean person. I also don't touch my butt and then touch my penor. Then how did the bacteria get there? Do you have any idea?
Could this come from showering your butt? Usually when I shower I also shower the butt. Is it possible that the "dirty butt water" runs down the balls and then gets in contact with the penis and then causes something like this?
Most antibiotics don't have severe side-effects, especially not the ones that are usually used first. They can kill 'good' bacteria as well as bad ones, but this is easily countered by taking probiotics (and it won't kill you anyway - just makes you more susceptible to other infections until the good bacteria are re-established). What antibiotics were you prescribed?
You should go back to the doctor and tell him the symptoms haven't gone. The bacteria may be resistant and may need a different antibiotic.
It's not easy to say how the bacteria got there. Sometimes it's just bad luck.
The doc first prescribed me something (Cotrim) which had a very long list of pretty scary side effects. I didn't dare to take it. I have taken antibiotics before for other things but they never had such scary side effects. Then the doc gave me something else which was also totally scary. This second antibiotic causes allergic shocks which require immediate intervetion and not just rarely! It said often! This means less than 10% but more than 1%!
I also didn't dare to take it because what do I do if I'm home alone and then get a shock or what do I do if I'm underways and get a shock?
I told the doc that I don't dare to take this and even he was surprised to read that it can have such side effects. He said he wasn't aware of this. Then he prescribed me something which contains Ciprofloxacine and this is what I took for 5 days now. It only lasted 5 days but today is the last day and I took my last tablet and I don't think it's gone. The stinging is still there.
This is becoming a nightmare. I don't even know where I got this from. Imagine I have to take other antibiotics again, this cannot be healthy. Just last months I had to take antibiotics because of my throat.
I also don't want to become paranoid over this and be focused on my penis all the time and pay attention to wether it's stinging or not.
I think you are being paranoid about it all.. The side effects are possible side effects.. probably a very low probability.
It said often and often means <10% but >1%.
Just imagine you take this stuff and then you get a shock which can be life threatening. Would you not be totally scared all the time? I couldn't handle this. I don't know if others could do it but I couldn't. I would get anxiety attacks all the time.
Even the doc was astonished when I showed it to him. Usually allergic shocks are rare. I have never taken any antibiotic where those shocks were not rare this is why I was shocked to read OFTEN in the manual of this antibiotic. :frowning:
I suspect that risk % was for all allergic reactions, not anaphylactic shock, which is indeed rare. It was probably a penicillin - the probability of someone having some sort of allergic reaction to a penicillin is about 1%, but the reaction is nearly always mild.
It could be said that a side-effect of riding in a car is death, since this sometimes happens; but we accept it because the probability is low. Taking antibiotics is safer than riding in a car.
I think your anxiety is causing you a lot of problems. Cotrim does have the possibility of severe side-effects, but they are rare and occur mainly in the elderly.
I have to disagree. It clearly said in the manual that shocks (don't know wether they are allergic or not) happen OFTEN which means 1-10% of the people who take it get such a shock which requires immediate intervention.
Now imagine you are alone at home or outside and then get such a shock then you're basically lost. This is much more dangerous than driving in a car. I was also surprised that they wrote often but they do not do themselves a favor with that. If they say that it often happens then it has to be true because they definitely wouldn't exaggerate on side effects.
What was that antibiotic, anthony1?
I apologise for the tone of that earlier post. I didn't mean to be so brusque and supercilious. Sorry.
It's called enoxacin.
The doc said he has prescribing this for years and never heard of any problems but if the manufacturer writes in the manual that a certain side effect often happens then it has to be true because they definitely would not exaggerate on side effects. I couldn't take this stuff. I would get one anxiety attack after the other. :frowning:
By the way, I just read it's no longer available in the US!
I wonder why that is. I'm in Europe. I wonder why it's no longer available in the US. Maybe because of the side effects?
Ah, it's a fluoroquinolone. As a class, quinolones are reported to induce allergic reactions in 2-3% of patients (these allergic reactions are usually mild ones). There's a long list of side-effects if you go here and then click on "Side Effects and Drug Interactions", but anaphylactic/allergic shock isn't mentioned. It is important, though, to be careful of caffeine when on this drug, as it interferes with its metabolism.