Ok, I’ll try and keep this as short as possible. Here’s the situation.I am from Australia and right now I’m studying abroad in the US. I’ve been here since last fall semester and I’m here till the end of this spring semester. The first day I came to my college, I met someone. She’s another international student from England. Before too long we were in a relationship and we’ve been pretty much inseparable ever since. We’re coming up to six months together. I know that in the big picture, this isn’t terribly long – but it’s been a really intense relationship. We see each other almost every day and we even lived together for a while. It’s all happened very fast and we are really happy and in love. We’re both in our early 20’s. I’ve been in a serious relationship before this one that lasted 2 and a half years, so I like to think that I have a pretty good idea about what makes a relationship work and what really being in love feels like. I can honestly say I love this girl as much as anyone before.Here’s the thing – at the end of this semester I go back to Australia and she goes back to England. She’s planning in coming to Australia in about 18 months – but still…that’s one hell of a wait.What do I do? We haven’t talked about it yet – we’re trying to leave it as late as possible. I’m lying awake at night wondering what’s going to happen. Do we try to stay together? Do we try to go long-distance? Do we just say our goodbyes and hope our paths cross again some day? Do we break up but plan to reunite one day? Do I propose to her? What the fuck? Even if we DO stay together and she comes to Australia for a while, what then? Do I ask her to move to Australia permanently for me?! I have no idea what to do here… It just seems like the odds are stacked against us in the most impossible way.I hear stories about couples who’ve got together and been apart for a really long time because of work or travel etc and somehow made it work in the long run, and I kind of think hey – maybe there’s a glimmer of hope that we could stay together. Then there’s the reality that we live on opposite sides of the world and it’s going to be at least a year before we can see each other again – and even then it wouldn’t be for very long. Urgh…suggestions? Anyone got any stories about other ppl who’ve been in a similar situation?