Hello, my name is Kevin Hauptman.
As of May 2004 I had graduated high school and ever since then I have been relying on medicines such as klonopin (for anxiety) and metoclopramide (to help calm the stomach)
Never in 18 years have I ever ever had anxiety problems or any health issues.
I'm sure I am not the only one who suffers from morning anxiety usually associated with moderate to extreme nausea and/or vomiting itself. I'm hoping to make this thread useful to all of us who suffer from this morning annoyance. Here are some things that I try to do to supress the anxiety without medicine/vitamins or any other medical source.
Please feel free to post your remedies as well that you think may benefit others who are unable to get access to medicine during times of anxiety and to avoid a large hospital bill.
Note: These remedies are for those who suffer from either morning anxiety and/or some type of anxiety disorder that occurs when they are either isolated or who want to avoid hospital visits.
1. Most of us can't eat a damn thing in the morning and even thinking about food makes it worse... DO NOT FORCE YOUR SELF TO EAT!!! This will make the symptoms even worse and can elevate the situation. Swallowing the spit may upset the stomach even more increasing the risk of stronger anxiety which may lead to the nausea and/or vomiting... or worse.
2. Obtain some form of a container and use it as a temporary spit bin. Suck on either ice chips or a glass of water to help sooth the stomach of any excess spit.
3. Water Water Water!!! This is the major factor which results in a trip to the hospital due to dehydration from anxiety. Drink plenty of fluids because remember that liquids is far more important than food.
4. If the water settled and your stomach starts to move a little... nibble on crackers. Two or more crackers will calm the stomach almost immediately and will supress the anxiety even more until it is gone.
5. STAY WARM!!! Being cold in the morning can and will intensify anxiety, so keep wrapped up while in the process of the anxiety.
IF YOU WORK: Most people do not know how serious anxiety disorders can be... especially when they have never experienced the nightmare of having one. Get all the details on anxiety as reference on you to either show to your bosses and what not. More proof will help them better understand what you are going through and they may or may not sympathize.
Myths: Most people think that we can control our anxiety and that it will go away.
I will try to post more on this subject. I'm no doctor but sometimes simple remedies can make all the difference.
I hope this article will help those in need.
Morning anxiety discussion
Hello, my name is Kevin Hauptman.
you gotta keep knees and elbows warm during the night
Have you seen a doctor?
~*~Smile, it's the second best thing you can do with your mouth.~*~
of course, hence the perscriptions. I just thought I would post what I used to do without meds.
You hit the nail on the head. That's the EXACT problem I have in the morning. If I have bad morning, I have a bad day.
It's true, if I force myself to eat when I feel anxious it will just come right back up, every single time. What was I given to treat this problem? Propranalol (beta-blockers) - slows down your heart and supposedly calms you. Nope, doesn't for me and it doesn't for other people too. What can I do about it? Nothing really.
Sometimes we say things that hurt ourselves and others that were not meant, so I leapt from my life's struggles and long running regret
Klonopin is a sedative that treats anxiety. Metoclopramide tells the stomach to shutup for a few hours. So they both work wonders together.
If you were in an area where Marijuana was legal, that would immediately treat the nausea and maybe even stop the anxiety. I'm saying it's proven but take at your own risk. I mean it can't be that bad if they give the stuff to cancer patients before kimo right (to control the nausea)?