Recently my breasts have started to feel extremely sensitive. This has happened a number of times before, even when I wasn't taking the pill, but since I'm sexually active now, it's a bit more worrying. I never pay much attention to my breasts so I'm not sure if I'm just freaking out over nothing or not and these have always been a trait of mine, because for some reason it seems familiar, but I decided to have a look at them and I noticed that the rings around my aureoles are really dark. Also, there are really prominent veins showing on my breasts.I have read that stress seems to be a cause for hormonal imbalance which causes tender breasts, and I have been extremely stressed out the past month (my breasts started being sensitive about a week ago). I have also been taking A LOT of sleeping pills, namely Tylenol PM and Nite Time. I don't know if they mess with hormones or not if overused.Could this just be a side effect from the birth control? How long do side effects usually take to show up? I've been on Microgestin for about five or six months now and never noticed any side effect. Or... could I be pregnant? I haven't taken a pregnancy test yet, and was actually going to get around to getting one this week.
Welcome to A2A, Isseryia.Tender breasts are a recognised possible side-effect of contraceptive pills, including Microgestin. However, if you have had this happen before, when you weren't on the pill, it might be for the same reason, whatever that was.
**** I would see a Doctor in the next week. You don't want to keep taking the pill if your expecting.
I don't know how old you are however here are a few reason's that mine have hurt before.
1. Expecting.....they(the nipples) got really dark and my hair got oily.
2. Pill ( I'm sure that yor Doc went over all of that with you, if he did not, the pill comes with info. (I'd read it.)
3. Early Change of life. Mine Started at 41.
4. If you have a husband that plays with your breast A LOT, he may be stimulating them and that is what people do to bring there breat milk in. He would have to be doing this everyday and for a few hr at at a time.
5. Maybe you have the wrong size bra on. If you have gained weight, you may want to go and get re-fitted.
Hope this helps.