Originally Posted By: RadOn Emergency generator due to ice in a disaster area:This has been a hella year for weather drama! I hope you're hanging in there. We here in south-central Ky got lucky this times. Quote:But, I don't believe we should attack one another and call names.I agree. I am making more and more of an effort to question and challenge without appearing personal. I invite you and others to hold me to that! Quote:I believe I should post what I think and I believe you should post what you think.Absolutely agree. I hope that never changes. Quote:But, if you read that other Obama post, you resorted to calling me names several times before I pointed out that your political bent would have done well at the Memphis convention.Well...I looked back over that thread just to see what you were referring to. I think you'll find that the only time I called you a name was in jest, completely with a smiley to indicate that I was joking. I did, however, have some not too flattering things to say about your position, which is not the same as calling you names. I was very careful to make that distinction. I believe the real name-calling began when you compared me to David Duke. Quote:At which time, I magically "crossed the line" by the standards of the most biased admin we have and he locked the thread.Do you honestly think he was the only one who thought you crossed a line? Quote:I love you Damien, but I do not like your politics.I love that sentence! I think it's important to be able to make that distinction. I feel the same way about you. Honestly. Abso-freekin-lutely despise your politics. But am really, genuinely fond of you. I've never had a friend that didn't piss me off at least once or twice. But, above all, they're my friends. I hated what you said to me, but I'm able to put it in context of a much more amicable ongoing relationship.  Quote:Your opinions are welcome. Your attacks are not.I will continue to attack opinions and positions that need to be attacking, while continuing to avoid attacking the person holding the position. I think my record on this is pretty decent. Maybe not spot-on perfect, but overall pretty good. Quote:And, you understand that the admin in question is only backing you becasue it is against me, right? If it was somebody else, you'd be his squished piss ant. He's biased to a fault. Playing me against a mod, are you? I'll leave that up to you. For the record - and before anyone jumps in and gets all histrionic - This discussion we're having right now...I think it's a good thing. It's good when things get worked out. It's usually worth a bit of a struggle, especially with someone who I WANT to have a good relationship with. It's not always the end of the world when two people exchange cross words. Once again, I don't agree with everything you are claiming about former conversations, but do appreciate your right to express your concerns, and I really appreciate anyone who makes honest, good faith attempts to help me keep my commitment to keep conversations on the up and up.Thanks Rad.