oh, so my boyfriend might have herpes. a few years ago, he was with this girl...they had unprotected sex. while he was with her, he noticed what looked like small cuts on his penis, which took maybe a little more than a week to scab over and heal. he told me this AFTER he developed it again, about two months ago. he has no idea what it is, his theory is friction, the frequent rubbing of the skin, since we had been having alot of sex. we are having unprotected sex because i am on birth control. i simply dismissed it as nothing, until about 2 weeks ago, it popped up again. there are about 2-3 'cuts' that have not healed yet. i went to the GYN last week, told her about it, and she checked me out. there are no sores on or in me, but after hearing his symptoms, she said it sounded like the classic signs of herpes. ive been looking up pictures of herpes, and i havent seen sores that look like small cuts. but if its not herpes, then what the hell could it be??!! im scared, i dont want to have herpes for the rest of my life, and i dont want him to have it either. im freaking out, someone please give me some information.....