Hi Everyone!! :smile:

Be afraid. VERY AFRAID.

You can click on the link to read the whole story - but I've posted what I believe to be the most important part. First... the link.

thecarconnection.com article

And now the most important part...

**"Now the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (the NHTSA) has proposed regulations to take effect September 1, 2008, for Electronic Data Recorders (EDR), the more socially acceptable term for black boxes. The Feds are NOT proposing mandatory installation of these devices but instead setting out minimum standards for those being installed voluntarily by the 18 light-vehicle manufacturers supplying the U.S. market.

Importantly, the proposal also is NOT directed at settling arguments among crash participants, but actually facilitating potential major advances in highway safety.

I make these two points right up front to deflect the panic of civil rightists from both left and right who've been obsessed with visions of Big Brother or black helicopters arising from EDRs."**

Sounds innocent enough - doesn't it?

Did you know that if you put a frog into boiling water it will immediately try to jump out? AND did you know that if you put that same frog into cold water - you can increase the temperature of that water until it starts to boil - and the frog won't move. He will be boiled to death. THAT is EXACTLY how the increase in the invasion of OUR privacy works. Most of us have no idea what's going on. We're totally oblivious to the fact that we're about to be boiled.

Can you even begin to imagine how someone like Hitler would have LOVED to be able to track our every move. Keeping the governments nose out of your private business - is the ONLY power you have OVER the government. Once that's gone - your 'rights' and 'freedoms' will soon vanish. You can bet on it.

Craig!! :angry: