ok im a little freaked out, i have a physical on saturday so i can try out for B-Ball @ school I was reading the papers and it was listing normal and abnormal stuff and it said my doctor was going 2 have 2 look at or examine my dick and balls, just wondering wut do they do?
Not sure why he would need to examine your penis but the testicals is to check for a hernia and such. It's very simple and very quick. He'll just feel around the testicals and have you cough and it'll all be over. Nothing to worry or stress over.
<span style="color: green">"Don't be a Dork! Wrap your Pork!" </span><br /><br />
It's all to protect you from a hernia, like previously mentioned, and somewhat to check to make sure you're developing properly, but that shouldn't be much of a concern. What does it hurt to have a doctor check you for about 10 seconds to make sure everything is working right? I see no problems...not like he's coming on to you or anything !!
Take Care<br />~Aalodar~
Basicallky, there are many reasons for men to be examined carefully and fully on a regular basis. Medical people should spend more time examining down there and less time worrying about whether touching a patient during an exam is going to get them sued. Yes, they should limit touching to what is necessary but they should not avoid that part of the exam. After all, in this society where law suits are so common, they could just as easily be sued for not catching what kills you.
So, what do they check for?
1. Hernia - hold the testicles while you cough.
2. Testicle cancer -requires feeling all of each one to check for hard spots lumps, etc. Yes each guy should check himself regularly but how many actually do? And since men don't, then we better accept it being done to us.
for article see:
3. prostate cancer - yep this requires a rectal probe with a finger or two and some consider it even more embarassing than having their testicles felt. But again, men don't often do a self-exam here either so it's bend over and submit to the exam if you want to be sure.
4. Cancer of the lymph nodes - one of the common areas for this to appear is in the groin area and it too takes a hands on approach to check. A friend of mine died of this at 37 yrs old because they didn't catch it early enough; no one ever examind his genital area.
5. internal infections that can turn nasty if not treated - with some of these, there is a discharge that can be brought out with a careful 'squeezing' of the urethra. Normally you would have a burning when you pee and run to the doctor to get checked but it doesn't hurt to be checked during a regular physical either.
6. cancer of the penis - this also requires a hands on examination of the penis to check for hard spots or unusual lumps - not a common condition but it does happen.
There are more conditions but those are the main ones. Thus it is apparent that getting everything down there thoroughly checked out on a regular basis is essential to finding problems before they get so bad they require radical treatments or cause death. So, unless you prefer death to having a doctor handling your genitals, then strip off and insist on a full exam regularly. And if you don't feel comfortable with the doctor you have doing it (or your doctor is not prepared to do it all), then find a new doctor.
Sure these exams are embarassing but surgery or other treatments in the genital area is even more so. So, moral of the story is: grin and bare it.
Nothing to be worry about with a pyysical check. Most guys will have one or two in their liftimes so its pretty normal for a doc to see you below the belt.
I have had a number of hernia checks(I have had three hernias belive me or not- and correction operations) an at no time during the hernia check did my doctor fell my testicals. He saw that I had a lump in my groin(thats why I went to doc) and he felt the lump then asked me to cough. At not time did I have to take my underwear fully off as he just pulled it down a little so he could see the lump.
I also had other doctors apart from my GP check me out before the operation and they all did the same test as well. They never felt my testicals.
BUT I guess there are different situations when they might have to feel the testical to see if you have a hernia. I am not sure of all the medical facts on this - but for me he just had to fell in the groin and get me to cough.
Hope all goes will for your pyhsical.
Like a lot of things in life, the thoughts about something are a lot worse than the something itself. The points Chuck makes above are excellent ones. Be sure you read them carefully.
Each year before my physical I begin to dread the genital and rectal exam, but when it happens it's over so quickly and the feeling you get when everything is as it should be is...priceless.