This is a limited time thread, My love has a paper due soon in clutural diversity.
She has to write it based on answers to specific questions. Ill post the questions, Id really appreciate it if anyone would answer them for her.
She will finish her school and graduate this july.
I include this info so that in 9 months when some one wanders across this thread they dont feel compelled to answer it. Unless of course themods feel like its something that can help people gap cultural and racial issues. But any answers that are to do her any good have to be done by Thursday night so she can get he paper written in time.
I know shitty huh?
She was just telling me tonight she wasnt sure who to interview to get it done so I suggested posting it on this site since its world wide and crosses cultural and racial boundries, had I known earlier I would of posted this weeks ago for her
anyways, here is the questions she needs answers to,
1. What culture or cultures do you belong to?
2. What country or region did your culture originate from?
3. Can you tell me any history associated with your cultural heritage?
4. Has the history of your culture had any affect on your daily life?
5. What beliefs or practices are specific to your culture?
6. What is the primary language used by the people in your culture?
7. What types of foods originated from your culture?
8. Is there a specific religion associated with your culture?
9. What traditions, if any, are practiced within your culture?
10. Are there any holidays that are specific to, or originated from your culture?
Required follow-up :
How do assumptions about cultural "norms" impact your behavior on a day-to-day basis?
Do you recognize any challenges or disadvantages related to your culture being outside the "norm"? How do you respond to those challenges?
Do you recognize any privileges or advantages associated with assimilating to the "normative" culture? How do you react to that recognition?
What do you cite as your sources of strength or support?
Thank ya much, I appreciate any forthcoming answers.