I'm 23 right now. Two summers ago I was masturbating when I got home from the bar, woke up and realized I had been going pretty hard and the bottom side of the shaft of my penis was a little chafed from friction burns I didn't think too much of it, as I figured it would heal, but it never really did. Over the past couple years, both from masturbation and from sex (particularly bad oral), it's gotten worse. It doesn't bleed or anything like that at all, but it apparently has become a permanent thing, because when I look at it from the side you can see where the skin has eroded away and it has curved inward. The actual erosion is about 1 centimeter in diameter (around) and not that deep but still noticeable. The skin has basically eroded away...
I need to know if there's anything I can do at-home (over the counter) to fix this... so far, from asking random doctors on the Internet, I've gotten two suggestions:
(1) To "apply VIP Cream to enhance blood flow to help break up any scar tissue" (can be found at
[http://www.herballoveshop.com/product.asp?PID=1026).] However, I'm not sure this would work too well, as I'm not sure that I'd categorize the eroded skin as "scar tissue."
(2) To "try any cream with 2% hydroquinone, which would be nonprescription. A doctor can prescribe a higher concentration." I like this better than the first idea, but, again, I'm not sure this would totally do the trick.
This is a real problem for me, for a variety of reasons:
• I've grown embarrassed of myself around women. I'm not the worst with getting girls in general, but with this problem, I just always worry what they'll think. In the past two years, no one's ever noticed, but it's gotten worse over time.
• I've heard that STD's can be transmitted much more easier with my condition, be it from unprotected oral or vaginal sex.
• It hurts to touch usually and is on the most sensitive (pleasurable) part of my weiner.
Okay, so I know this all sounds pretty crazy, but it is what it is. What can I do to fix this? I'm afraid to consult my regular family doctor (the only doctor I've ever gone to) because I live in a small town and wouldn't want the word getting out. Plus, to me, it's just really embarrassing. But I'd rather have a doctor think I'm weird than a girl I'm about to get with, you know...
If I do go to a doctor, what KIND of doctor should I consult? Just a normal family doctor? Or a particular one dealing with sex/male anatomy (if so, what is one of these doctors actually called?)
OR does ANYONE have ANY ideas of what else I can do at home to heal the wounds. I know that if I stop any and all contact with my penis for a while that it should heal, but I've tried that several times for a couple weeks each time and nothing really happened. I even tried applying liquid bandage to it while doing this about a year ago but that just straight up didn't work.
So I'm obviously pretty desperate for help and would genuinely appreciate anyone that could be of assistance for real, THANKS..!